Would it surprise you if we told you that your contact page is often the most visited page on your website?
When you think about it, we all check out a business’s contact page even if we’re not planning on actually going there. Why do we like to visit the contact page? It’s often because we are seeking validation and credibility. What better way than seeing an address, a real-life ‘place’ or a map/location?
Yet often when you’re planning your website, your contact page is not the priority. We’re here to say it really needs to be!
Take a look at 5 ways your contact page can add value and impact and improve those all-important conversion and contact rates:
- Make it easy to find. All of our websites have the contact page on the top line navigation. Clients often want to use this space for something more ‘important’, but we strongly advise keeping the contact page evident and accessible. Your contact page is your ‘guarantee’ almost. It builds legitimacy & honesty.
- Extend the attention to detail when it comes to professional content and engaging copy to your contact page as well as the rest of your website. It is still crucial here. Possibly even more so. This is where you want them to take that extra step and get in touch. Don’t let your creativity dry up too soon!
- List as many contact options as possible and always include a physical address. A location map immediately adds authenticity (and is helpful). If you have a preferred method of contact, you can emphasise this, but always give the prospective client choices.
- Include an enquiry/contact form. Opinions on forms do vary, however ultimately you want to make this process as simple and enticing as possible. You can also add a form on your footer or about us page so again you are inviting them to contact you in various ways.
- If your visitor is not ready to take that extra step at this moment, what other calls to actions do you have for them? Can they follow you on social media, sign up to your newsletter or download some additional information? Again, it needs to be simple and obvious.
Have we convinced you of the power of the contact page yet?
Next time you do your website or are updating your site, don’t forget to revisit one of your most important pages and immediately improve the efficiency of your website.